Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father – to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” – Revelation 1:4b-8
Think about the excitement as grandma and grandpa pull into the driveway on Thanksgiving or Christmas. How about the excitement of meeting a celebrity or important government official? Imagine your joy and excitement as you meet your greatest earthly hero. Now multiply that by 100. By 1000. Multiply it infinitely.
That is the joy and excitement of a Christian experiencing Jesus’ return.
• Jesus is the faithful witness, the revealer of God’s will for you and all people, for time and for eternity.
• Jesus is the firstborn from the dead, winning and guaranteeing your resurrection and eternal life.
• Jesus is the ruler of the kings of the earth, the one who is over all, whose kingdom never falters or fails.
• Jesus loves you with an unfailing love, a love that never wavers or quits.
• Jesus has freed you from your sins though his blood, the perfect once-for-all payment for sin.
• Jesus has made you to be a priest in his kingdom, raising you up and enabling you to serve by declaring his praises in the world around you.
• Jesus has all glory and power for ever and ever.
• Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end of everything good and noble, deep and lasting.
• Jesus is your living Savior.
• Jesus is true God from all eternity.
• Jesus will come again.
People stand in line for hours to get the autograph of a celebrity or sports hero. Hours for some ink on a scrap of paper. So much greater are the characteristics, qualifications, and accomplishments of Jesus that our earthly celebrities and heroes don’t even begin to compare with the Lord God Almighty.
Think again about all that Jesus is and does. Then look to him. Look in faith. Look in hope. Look with joy. Look with excitement! Look, your King is coming!
Prayer: The King shall come when morning dawns And light triumphant breaks, When beauty gilds the eastern hills And life to joy awakes. Amen.
This entry was posted on Monday, November 28th, 2016 at 1:00 am and is filed under From the Pastor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Sunday, March 18
Sunday School & Adult Bible Class: 9 a.m.
Worship: 10 a.m.*